Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The Only Thing I Like About Steve Bannon....

I think Steve Bannon is a Neo-Nazi. I’m not a fan of him, Breitbart, or the Trump White House. I disagree with him on virtually every single thing he believes. I don’t like the guy. I don’t mean to write much nice about him.
When I lived in Washington, DC about five years ago, I hated it. One of the things that angered me the most was the image consciousness that prevailed in that city. The suit and tie are so overplayed in Washington that they lose all meaning. Everyone wants to look important and official, even if they aren’t important or official. It’s stupid, and just an excuse for people to pretend they’re somebody they’re not, while not being who they are.
Now, I don’t like wearing a suit. I’m more friendly to it now than I was ten years ago, but I don’t see any need to impress you. I wear suits to weddings, funerals, and events involving U.S. Presidents, but besides that, you’re lucky if you get me wearing a suit coat, let alone a tie and the whole get-up. I’ll either impress you with who I am and what I know, or I won’t. I don’t much care otherwise.
So, why do I bring this up? Well, Steve Bannon does something that really, really impresses me, and would almost make me like him, if he wasn’t all the stuff I said above- he does not dress to impress anyone. He doesn’t care. He looks like any normal, common guy you’d meet on the streets. I think that is actually really cool. If Steve Bannon didn’t run Breitbart and the Trump White House, I’d actually want to shake his hand for this.
As Bannon spoke to CPAC last week, only two things ran through my mind- I hate this guy with a burning passion, and he looks like he doesn’t belong there. The first means I’d like to punch him in the face, the second means I think he’s doing to DC exactly what it deserves to have done to it- bring it down a notch. Enough with the suit and tie game, enough with the appearances of being important, and let’s actually do work there- unless you’re Steve Bannon. If you’re Steve Bannon, I still hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment